Monday, August 9, 2010

Fat Bottomed Girls You Make The Rockin' World Go Round

Had a nice luxurious weekend in the Hamptons, with the highlight being the delicious lunch I prepared on Saturday, (scallops wrapped in prosciutto, soy-glazed salmon, lemon zest chicken, a fresh summer salad with the most delectable yellow and orange cherry tomatoes from the farmers market, and violet eggplant galore!) with the low point seeing "Dinner With Schmucks" - which I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

On Friday I went exploring with Lola and have some great finds to share! We stopped in at Liquiteria on LES, a unique restaurant that specializes in liquid meals and juices. They do have a small selection of solid foods and vegan desserts, but I would really recommend trying out one of their pre-made pressed juices. I tried "Royal Flush", a combination of pineapple, pear, aloe, ginger, & Liver, Kidney, Lymph detox. Lola had the "Grasshopper", a combination of apple, pear, pineapple, wheatgrass, & mint. They were so delicious and I need to go back ASAP and try something new!
We also stopped by Baked by Melissa in Soho and bought one-inch mini cupcakes from a tiny window in the middle of the street. Anyone who knows me would probably assume that the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor is my poison of choice.

We stopped for coffee at an outdoor cafe in Little Italy and then walked our way over to BabyCakes, the famous Vegan bakery. We split a zesty lemon vanilla cupcake made with spelt, I took a bite and then died and went to heaven. It was SO good and their chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with vanilla frosting looked like a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment