Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Let Me Give You A Free Piece of Advice"

I'm back in New York, only to leave once again in a couple of hours to fly back to Oberlin. Paris and Prague was wonderful and quite busy. Highlights from Paris included being on top of the Eiffel Tower at night (magical), obviously shopping (I bought an amazing motorcycle jean jacket at Precursor), the Pompidou Museum (including their amazing rooftop restaurant covered in roses), and of course all the deliciously fresh pastries. Prague was simply stunning. It's such a beautiful city with so much history. Everyone there was so lovely but I don't see myself mastering the Czech language anytime soon. I think I definitely prefer Prague to Paris, but they both are wonderful places that I'd revisit in a heartbeat. Highlights from Prague included visiting the outdoor markets and gorging on sweets and local beer, visiting Terezin (despite it feeling completely haunted, as it should), seeing the sun set while walking over the Charles Bridge (the sky was neon pink and violet), visiting the John Lennon wall, and eating at the most delectable restaurants (the best were La Finestra and their sister restaurant Aromi, from the food, to the service, to the wine list, it was just unbelievable)

As you guys probably already know, I really love music. Whenever I travel I like to find music that locals are listening to, or listen to foreign MTV and see what artists are big in their country. This vacation was very busy, but in Prague I did manage to watch their local MTV station as I was falling asleep and really loved Stormae's "Alors On Danse".


Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment