Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Golden Ear

As a pretty huge fan, I couldn't help but be disappointed by the release of Senior, the all-instrumental album off Wall of Sound Records. Their last album, Junior, was fun and way more electro-pop upbeat than what they have typically done in the past. However, with Senior, the duo went backwards, moving more towards their Melody A.M. roots, but in less successful manner. The tracks on Senior are moody and lethargic, making the listener quite weary, and not in the right kind of way. The best tracks on the album are probably "...And The Forest Began To Sing" and "The Drug". About half the tracks are worth at least a listen, but ultimately, I couldn't connect with Senior and was let down. While I have been enjoying listening to the album, I don't really think I'll be revisiting Senior anytime soon after iTunes refreshes it out of my "Recently Added" folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment